According to Google Ranking Factor, you must be able to write SEO Friendly Blog Posts that is useful to readers and can help them solve their problems.
It’s not what you can do by writing lengthy blog posts or stuffing keywords because this is what some self-acclaimed SEO writers believed to be valid for effective google ranking.
But without continua algorithm updates, Keywords Stuffing or just and arrant lengthy contents is no more part of SEO tactics.
Even, if you are caught doing this by Google bots, you will be slapped (penalized) and there’s nothing you can do except you repent and appeal or get your website finally flagged or blacklisted.
But remember a popular adage expatiated that ‘Prevention is better than Cure’. Don’t wait till you received a slap from Google before you accept to be smarter and wise and learn how to write SEO friendly blog posts.
But you may be asking that apart from avoiding slaps from google and other search engines, what are other core benefits of writing contents that are SEO friendly?
Benefit of writing SEO friendly blog posts?
Apart from it being a major part of Google Ranking Factor, if you write SEO friendly blog posts, you are boosting your chances of ranking on search engines.
The gospel truth about SEO Friendly Blog Posts is that, you will be able to put your product or service (business) in the front of your potential customers, partners or readers through search engines.
If you want true love from Google, then your efforts in copywriting should be doubled in such a way that will woo your audience and as well seduce the search engines.
But, you must be wise if you really want to do this and remember Google and other search engines won’t take ‘I’m a Newbie’ as an excuse from you.
Apart from that, it shows you know what you’re doing and you wanna build more authority in your niche. This will make you stand different among your competitors and eventually defeat them in the industry.
But how can you write SEO friendly blog posts that will rank on search engines? Below are the 3 quick tips:
- Do Thorough Keywords Research
- Write the body of the Content
- Optimize your content for SEO
Let talk about these quick tips in a way that you can understand it better.
How to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts Like A Pro
Do Keywords Research Like a Pro
Keywords are very important if you’re thinking of SEO.
In simple term, Keywords are the main words in your blog post or content’s topic. For example, if you are writing on ‘How to Get the Best Insurance Company in Texas’, this is your TOPIC or theme of your content but the focused keywords here are either ‘Best Insurance Company in Texas’ or ‘Insurance Company in Texas’.
These keywords are the main key you must have if you want to write an SEO friendly blog posts.
Whenever you think of an idea or want to write a blog post, pick out the keywords and head on to do thorough research on them.
Whenever you’re thinking of finalizing some words as you focused keywords, remember it should be able to meet some your targeted readers or clients have or will been searching on Google, Bing or Yandex.
But you’re not a psychic and it may be difficult to guess right about these type of keywords your audience are or will be searching for.
How the heck can I do this Keywords Research?
Here is what you need to do:
- Choose a Primary keyword as I have earlier explained above
- Use Keywords Research Tools: Go to your SEO tools such as KWfinder, Ahref, SemRush, SpyFu etc., to check on the Primary Keywords’ Density (KD), Search Volume, CPC, Social Signal etc. The main feature here are Keywords Density (KD) and Search Volume.
If your KD is below 50, there are chances that you will rank for it.
Don’t take a Keyword with KD of 50 and above! If you can get a good keywords with very low KD, you can now write an SEO friendly blog post without any headache.
3. Use Google’s Brain: After getting your primary keywords, go to google.com to search exactly for the Primary keywords you have gotten.
After searching, scroll down to the footer of the google search result page, you will see ‘RELATED SEARCHES’ or phrases, those are other keywords related to your Primary Keywords. Choose like 2 – 5 from these related searches keywords and make them your ‘Secondary Keywords’
By now, you should have gotten the keywords that will help you rank on search engines. Remember, the KD must be below 50 and Search volume must be higher as much as possible. Check your Keyword Density Here
Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts Like a Pro
After your Keywords Research, you should have gotten a focused or Primary Keywords and at least 2 – 4 secondary keywords. The next thing is to start writing the body of the contents which is the main deal.
Let your keywords (both primary and secondary) be in your mind because this is where they will serve their purpose 70% for you.
According to SEO experts when advising about how a blogger can write SEO Friendly Blog Posts, writing more than 300 words is suggested but you know what, Google and other search engines’ algorithms are now more advance.
It’s also suggested that writing an average of 800 words and upwards is cool but I’m telling you that it’s not enough. Write as lengthy as you can while using your Keywords.
A good SEO blog post is written for readers not Google or any other search engines but rather, a good blog post is the one written for people because, they are the one who need it.
How can I Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts?
Here is what you need to do:
4. Write Lengthy Content: Your content should be more than 1000 words… I love article up to 1800 words’ content. Not just words but it should be SEO friendly blog post
5. Maintain good keyword density (KD) in your blog post. This can be simply done if you use your Keywords at least one time in every 100 words. So, if you write 1000 words, your keywords should appear at least, 10 times.
6. Optimize Keywords in Headings: Use your primary keywords in headings (H1, H2, H3, ….. H6). Using your keywords is very important in H2 and H3. H1 is also important
7. Disperse Your Keywords: Use your keywords in the first paragraph, middle and the end of your blog posts
8. Insert inbond link: This is the links you insert in your blog post that will link to your other blog posts (in the same blog/website). It’s often inserted as ‘related or recommended posts’.
9. Insert Outbond link: This is the links inserted in your blog post that will lead readers to another (different) website or blog when clicked
10. Use Anchor Text Wisely: Avoid using your linking to other pages or blogs with your focused or primary keywords in the blog post
11. Simply Express Your Idea: Write in understandable English. Don’t proof your grammarian level
If you can adhere to these 8 simple rules, it will be easier for you to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts.
But that’s not everything, you need to brush up everything. So, how are you going to do it? Check #C below
Optimize your blog post for SEO Like a Pro
You have really done a great job if you have carefully attend and acted on point #A and #B above. Now, we need to brush up everything to make your efforts meaningful.
Here, we are going to deal those things that will aids your chances of ranking on search engines and it’s advisable you make use of this opportunity very well if you’re using WordPress.
because some Free WordPress Plugins like Yoast, All-in-one etc., has been developed to help you write SEO Friendly Blog Posts.
So, don’t missed the grace from any of these plugins.
If you are using Blogspot, you can read how you can set up SEO for Blogspot using this tutorial.
So, how can you optimize your blog posts for SEO and gets some love from Google and other search engines?
Here is what you need to do:
12. Optimize the Meta Description: Use your primary or focus keywords in the Meta description.
Meta description is available on all CMS platform including Blogspot blogs. When writing this description, make sure you didn’t write more than 150 – 155 characters (including the spaces and punctuation marks)
13. Use Categories, Tags or Label Wisely: If you are using WordPress or some other CMS platform, make sure you used your keywords as tags but, single keyword for a tag.
Use a category that best fit the content you are writing. On blogspot, use Label option.
14. Use Keywords in Titles: Use your primary keywords in your blog post’s title and SEO title in WordPress. This is a must for every SEO friendly blog posts!
15. Structure Your Permalink for SEO: Edit your blog post permalink to use only the keywords.
For instance, if you are writing about ’25 Best Tourist Places in Nigeria for Holiday’ and your keywords is ‘Tourist Places in Nigeria’, your blog post’s permalink should be: https://www.yourblog.com/tourist-places-in-nigeria instead of allowing the whole title in the permalink.
Well, it’s left to you to honour this wish as it doesn’t affect much thing pertaining to SEO.
16. Image Optimization: This is important as well if you want to write SEO but most bloggers blindly ignore this.
In my previous post, I explained how you can successfully do this on blogspot (READ HERE) but if you’re using WordPress or other CMS platform, it’s easier to do this when you upload an image, right click and edit properties, put your keywords in ‘Image Alt’ text area and save.
If you have successfully done all these, I’m congratulating you for the passion and patient sacrificed to write SEO Friendly Blog Posts, that’s going to start getting some love from Google and other search engines soon.
But you still have a little work to do (though it’s not necessary). Below are the final task:
17. Cross Check Again: Read your blog posts all over again, make sure there’s no grammatical error, missing words or anything like blunders like errors in Meta titles, Meta description, SEO title, Search appearance etc. Make sure everything is correctly formatted. Grammerly Plugin or Chrome Extension can help you in achieving this.
18. Publish Your Post: This is simple but I strongly advice you save the content as ‘DRAFT’ first, then PREVIEW.
If the content appear okay without any bad format in appearance, publish it.
But if you notice that the words on the page aren’t arranged well, re-edit the content again and finally publish.
19. Ping Your New Blog Post to Search Engines: Some bloggers or writers aren’t aware of this and others think that it’s not necessary but, I will advise you to start doing it today.
To ping your SEO Friendly Blog Posts to search engines, go to https://pingdom.com and follow the onboard instruction. Search for more ping tools on Google.
20. Promote Your Content: Although you have taken your time to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts but don’t just public and sleep.
Help your own ministry, try to share to your friends on social media platforms and ask your readers to do the same.
By doing this, you are boosting your social signals which is another important Ranking Factor by Google.
You can use this tool to check your website SEO Performance
Thanks for taking your time to read this and I hope it has really inspired you right? Yes, I guessed.
But if you think this is something that will take your precious time and you don’t have enough time to write, you can hire one of our veteran SEO content writer who have had enough experience in content writing and marketing.
If you’re interested to hire us for your content writing or any other services including SEO, kindly request a quote here.
If you have any question or will like to contribute more to this post, kindly signify using the comment box below and mind you, spamming is not allowed.
Sharing is love, kindly help us share this with your friends on social media using the related icons below. Thanks for reading this blog post once again.
This post, ’20 Tips to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts ’, first appeared on Olgade Tech Blog, Don’t attempt to duplicate it.
Last Updated on by